Byomkesh Bakshi - The Thorn In The Way(Pather kanta) Episode 5 | Mystery Men

Mystery-men-thriller


In the previous episode we saw that Ajit take a disguise and go to the place where the killer told. Ajit found a letter from a man which is given by the killer. Byomkesh read the letter and said that the problem was solved. Is the problem solved? Read the Episode and Stay tuned on the Thriller.


The Thorn In The Way (EP1)

The Thorn In The Way (EP5)



 “I have come to give you the news after receiving a bad news, Byomkeshbabu.  My lawyer Bilas Mallick has escaped." Byomkesh said in a serious but kind voice:
"I knew he would escape. With that, your friend of Jorasanko also went, did you get the news?" Ashubabu stared at him in amazement for a while and said,
 "You - you know everything?"  Byomkesh said in a calm voice:
"All I know. Yesterday I went to Jorasanko and saw Bilas Mallick. The woman had been conspiring with Bilas Mallick for a long time - you didn't know anything. Once you have made your will, the luxury lawyer goes to see your heir.  The first was out of curiosity, then gradually. They could not do anything for so long due to lack of opportunity.  Ashubabu, don't be sorry, this is good for you - you got rid of the conspiracy of the wicked woman and the hypocritical friend. And there is no fear in your life - now you can walk in the middle of the road without fear."
 Ashubabu looked at him nervously and said: “What does that mean? Byomkesh said:
 "I mean, what you doubt in your mind but you can't believe, that's right. They both wanted to kill you; But not in their own hands. There is a man in this city of Calcutta that no one knows, no one has seen - but whose cruel weapon has silently removed five innocent people from the world. You survived, just because you had a longevity."
Ashubabu sat for a long time with his hands over his face, at the end he sighed and said slowly: "One day I went to see Deoghar Tapaevan, I was absolutely overwhelmed to see a beautiful girl there. I have always disliked marriage, but I went absolutely crazy to marry her.  Finally one day I found out that she is a prostitute's daughter. The marriage did not take place, but I could not leave her. I brought it to Calcutta and rented a house. I have seen her like a wife for thirteen years since then. I gave him all the property, you know. I thought, he loves me like a husband - no doubt!  I did not understand that one who is born in the blood of sin can never be a nun. Let's face it, the knowledge I got in my old age may be useful in the next generation."
He remained silent for a while and asked in a broken voice: "They - where have they gone, do you know?"
Byomkesh said: "No. And there is no benefit in knowing it. You can't go the way destiny is pulling them. Ashubabu, your guilt may be condemned by the society, but you will know that I will respect you forever. You are pure in mind, you have been able to stay pure even in the fake. This is your biggest compliment. Now you are very hurt, who does not feel such betrayal? But gradually you will understand that there could be nothing better for you than this." Ashubabu said in an emotional voice: "Byomkeshbabu, you are much younger than me, but I didn't expect the comfort I got from you. No one shows sympathy for the one who suffers the consequences of his shameful sin, so his atonement is so terrible. Your sympathy has lightened my half-heartedness.  What more can I say, I am indebted to you forever."
After Ashubabu said goodbye, his mind was overwhelmed by the shadow of his strange tragedy. Before going to bed, I asked Byomkesh a question:
“When did you find out that the luxury lawyer and the woman were behind the attempt to kill Ashubabu?" Byomkesh lowered her eyes from the beam and said,
"Tomorrow afternoon."
"But why not catch them before they escape?"
"There would be no benefit if they were caught, their crime would not be proved in any court."
"But we could have found the culprit of the real killer Gramophone Pin.  Byomkesh smiled and said: "If that were possible, I would not have tried to chase them myself."
"Did you drive them away?"
"Yes. As Ashubabu was miraculously surviving, they were finding way to escape. I went to Bilas's house this morning and signaled that I know a lot of things, if he doesn't move this time, he will be handcuffed. Luxury lawyer Intelligent people, along with the lady, went missing in the evening."
"But what is the use of expelling them?"  Byomkesh raised his hands and stood up and said:
"Gaining is not everything, only a little evil can be suppressed. The luxury lawyer is not the only one to go missing, he took all the money of his clients and so far, the Burdwan police have arrested him - did they know the news before! Although the death penalty should be his punishment, when it is not going to be presented, what is wrong with two years or so?"
 The next morning a stranger came to visit. Just as I was trying to open the newspaper with the cup of tea down, the doorbell rang. Byomkesh was startled and said— “Who?  Come on in."
  A well-dressed young man entered.  Beard - mustache, unkempt curly shape, over thirties - looks like an athlete.  Seeing us in front, he smiled and said, “Please don't mind, I came to bother you in the morning. My name is Prafulla Roy - I am an agent of an insurance company."     He unwittingly took a chair and sat down.  Byomkesh said in a sad voice:
“We don't have enough money to insure our lives."
Prafulla Roy laughed. There is a person whose face is very beautiful to look at, but a smile changes the appearance of the face. I saw that the same happened to Prafulla Roy. The man is infested with excess fungus, because the teeth are covered in drinking juice. It is amazing to see a beautiful face that can be so distorted so easily. Prafulla Roy said with a smile:
“I am a member of an insurance company, I did not come to you for work.  Of course, nowadays whe see me relatives see me coming, our relatives have also started locking up;  they cannot be blamed. But you can be sure, I have no misgivings present. Your name is Byomkeshbabu! Famous Detective? I have come to you for some private advice, sir. If you have no problem:"
 Byomkesh bewildered and said:
“If you want to take advice, you have to pay some visit in advance."
 Prafulla Roy immediately took out a note of ten rupees from his wallet and placed it on the table and said,
"Of course, my words are not something secret, But..."
Seeing that I was about to get up, Byomkesh said in a very harsh tone:
“He is my assistant and friend. Whatever you say, say it in front of him."
Prafulla Roy said, "Well, well, well. When he is your assistant, then what is the objection? Your name: -? Excuse me Ajitbabu, I don't understand that you are Byomkeshbabu's friend. You are very lucky man, always with such a big detective, no less fortunate to help in the investigation of such a bizarre crime.  Not a single moment of your life is dull! I once thought, if I could leave this monotonous insurance job and live a life like yours.”
he took a can of beer out of his pocket and put it in his mouth. Byomkesh was getting more and more anxious, saying: “If you express your advice this time - then it is beneficial in all respects." Prafulla Roy quickly turned to him and said: "That's what I say. I am an agent of an insurance company, you have heard that before. I work for Jewel Insurance Company in Bombay. I have done work worth Rs. 12 lakhs on behalf of the company, so the company was happy to send me to Kolkata office with charge. I have been permanently in Calcutta for the last eight months. Mister, I did a lot of work in the first month, but suddenly a disaster came from somewhere.  No need to name anyone, but a guy from another insurance company followed me.  I do not deal in limestone, my subordinates do the work of two or four thousand, but I do the work myself when it comes to big clients. This man is starting to break my big customer - big insurances -.  Wherever I go, he follows me - and he appears there - in the name of the company, with various denunciations to the customer. In the end, the situation became such that big clients began to get out of my hands. It took four or five months. I started coming from the company, but I couldn't decide what to do, how to save my business from this man. Lawsuits are not easy to sue - they hurt the company. But the leech is still behind. Another month passed and I could not think of any way to seize the man."
 Prafulla Roy took out two carefully kept notes from his wallet and handed the piece to Byomkesh and said,
“Fourteen days ago, this advertisement suddenly caught my eye. You haven't read it before, not even to read!  But what happens if there is a five line advertisement, Mister, my life jumped as soon as I read it! What is the thorn in the side of the road? I thought, let's see the thorn in my path rescued? The state of mind at that time was such that even if it was a dreamy amulet, I would not object.  I raised my throat and saw the cutting of the advertisement of the thorns of that path."
 Prafulla Roy said: “Did you read that?  Not quite funny? Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first.  What more can I say about that discomfort. I stood up and sighed, but there was no one anywhere. Coming back distracted, suddenly I see a letter in my pocket!" He handed the second paper to Byomkesh and said: "Look at this letter." Byomkesh opened the letter and read it, I got up and leaned on his back - just like my letter, there is an instruction to meet at midnight on Saturday 11th March instead of just Sunday. Prafulla Roy paused for a moment to read the letter and began to say: "I don't love mechanics, Mister, but this letter is like a mechanic. As if there is a terrible conspiracy to hide. Otherwise, why so much heavy planning? I don't know who  is he, what kind of nature he is, I didn't even see his face, but he told me to go alone on a lonely road at night. Isn't that a terrible suspicion? You say that?"
He looked me in the face. Before I could answer, Byomkesh said: “What he thinks is useless! Say what you want advice on."  Prafulla Roy was a little offended and said: “That is what I am asking him. I don't know the author of the letter but looking at his ideology, it is doubtful that the person is not good. Should I go with the answer to the letter in such a situation? I myself have not been able to fix anything by thinking for the last ten days;  But if you want to go, there is one more day left. So I came to take your advice as I could not decide what to do." Byomkesh thought for a while and said: "Look, I can't give you any advice today.  You leave this paper two, there is still enough time, considering tomorrow morning I will tell you what is due." Prafulla Roy said: "But I can't come tomorrow morning, I have to go somewhere."  Won't it be convenient tonight?  Think, what if it's eight or nine?" Byomkesh shook his head and said: "No, tonight I will be busy with other work - I have to go somewhere too. There will be enough time even if the time of chart comes."
"Okay, so I'll come."
 He took the box out of his pocket again, put two drinks in his mouth and extended the box towards us and said,
"Do you drink? Don't! I can't give up this bad habit at a time;  It goes without eating rice, but the world goes dark due to lack of drinking.  Well - good bye for today."  Going to the door, Roy stood back and said, “What if I informed the police about this? It seems to me that if the police investigate, they can find out the details of the person's name?"
Byomkesh suddenly became very angry and said: “If you want to get help from the police, don't expect any help from me. I have not worked with the police till today, nor will I. Take your money with you." He pointed his finger at the table.  "No, no, I just wanted to know your opinion. When you don't like it, well, come on,”said Prafulla Roy and hurried out.  When Prafulla Roy left, Byomkesh also picked up the money and entered his library room, then closed the door loudly.  Sometimes he gets irritated for no reason, but after being alone for a while, I knew that the service would be lost on him. So even though my mind was full of questions, I picked up the unread newspaper and tried to concentrate on it.  A few minutes later I heard Byomkesh talking in the next room. I understood that he was telephoning someone.  A couple of words came to my ears;  But I could not catch who was calling. After walking for about an hour, Byomkesh opened the door and came out. I looked up and saw that his normal spirits had returned. I asked: “Who did you call?  Byomkesh did not reply to his words and said:  yesterday when you coming from Esplanade, you were followed by someone. I was shocked on his speech...
 The Mystery continues on The thorn in the way (Final Episode)

Read another suspense thriller novel - A Mysterious Dagger

No comments

Any doubts or anything missing? Please let us know

Powered by Blogger.