Thriller novel - A MYSTERIOUS DAGGER | Episode 6 | English Translated | Best fiction books

Best-story-books
   Best fiction books
A Mysterious Dagger(EP1)


A MYSTERIOUS DAGGER (EP6)



- "Take the Dagger of Chhatrapati!" 
 Dwijen placed a covered dagger on the table.

The confession of the murderer

Jayant picked up the dagger from the table and began to examine it with an expressionless silence.
 The sheath is made of silver inlaid leather.  The handle of the dagger is made of ivory, with precious stones on it -  Edges made with blue steel, seven inches long.  Dry blood stains on the edge.
 Jayant asked in a very simple voice, ‘Where did you find the dagger?
- From Grandpa's Library.
- Where was this dagger for so long?
- “To me.
- Then?
- “Then there is nothing special to say.  I killed aunt with that knife.
 For a full minute, Jayant stared silently at Dwijen's face with a piercing look - as if he wanted to draw out all the secrets of his mind!  Then he said with a dull laugh,
 why did you commit this sin?
 Dwijen said in an excited voice, will not?  Why not?  Did aunt look at myself?  She wanted to beg me on the way without any guilt!  Not only me, she wanted to snatch again from Mansi by donating fifty thousand rupees.  Why should I don't protest against these oppression?  No human can do that.  Psima old woman, widow, childless.  Absolutely a failed creature for the earth.  If she is removed from this world, there will be no harm to the world.  We had no choice but to kill her to make our lives a success.  Of course, if I had known then that a new will had been made before, I would have been stigmatized for killing her unnecessarily.  But then I didn't know it - I didn't know it!
 Jayant said firmly, ‘Dwijenbabu, your words are quite reasonable.
- “Yes.  I killed, but I did not kill without reason.
- ‘What to do now?
- “I will surrender to you.
- “Do you know what the consequences will be?
- “I know.  I will be hanged for this.
- Is that your wish?
- ‘‘ Does a murderer hope for life after pleading guilty?
- “You have also wondered what will happen to Mansi Devi after your death,
 As if Dwijen was shocked after getting an extreme injury in his heart.  Speaking in a broken voice, I would go crazy even if he thought about it.
- “What will miss Mansi say if she hears this?
- “Will commit suicide.
- But?
- “Please Jayant Babu, don't remind me of Mansi anymore.  I want to forget her completely!
-‘ Is forgetting so easy?
- No, not easy.  But what is the way without it?
- Is there no way?
- No way, no way!  ... no, no, there's a way.  But, but it is impossible!
- What is impossible Dwijenbabu?
- “Are you willing to release me?
- “Even after pleading guilty, you are praying to release you?
- ‘I am not doing it for myself, I am doing it for Mansi. Her survival depends on my survival, Jayantababu!
- I understand all that.  But how can I set you free?
- “You are not a government official.  I can feel your sympathy for me.
- But tell me how I will set you free.
- “No one knows except you, I am a murderer. 
- Don't know.  But it is my duty to inform the police about that.
 —‘I have no confidence in the power of the police.  If you leave the case, I will be saved.
- But I will be infamous for being disabled.
- You can gain something in return for being infamous.
- What's the point?
- Money.
- “What does that mean?
- “Jayantbabu, think.  In a couple of days I will be the owner of a huge property.  If you leave this case, in what way will you benefit, you know?
- You want to bribe me.
- “Not a bribe Jayant Babu, a gift of my gratitude.
- “Good.  How much money can you pay?
- “You tell me.
- “Five thousand rupees?
- ‘Exaggerate further.
- Ten thousand rupees?
—That is not worth mentioning.
- Fifteen thousand rupees?
- “I can give you twenty-five thousand rupees - although the price of my life should be much higher.
- When will you pay?
- I am writing the cheque today without any date.  You will get your money as soon as you get the property.
- So sign.  Write cheque.
 Dwijen knelt down and sat down to write the cheque.  Jayant smiled with Humor.
- “You saved me, Jayant Babu.  Accept the cheque.  I have been seeing darkness in my eyes for so long.
- I am happy to hear that you have seen light in your eyes this time.  Then first you have to do something.
- ‘Command.
- “Put Chhatrapati's dagger in the right place again.
- ‘I’m leaving now. Good bye.

  Jayant, the bribe taker

 After the departure of Dwijen, Jayant sat in silence for five minutes.  Then he call out loud, Manik!
 The response from the next room was, ‘Coming.

Read another Crime ThrillerThe Thorn In The Way ( crime thriller)

 Soon Sundarbabu enters with Manik. 
 Jayant said, hello Sundarbabu.  How long, you came?
- ‘Quite a while.  Manik said that a secret advice was going on between Dwijen and you?
- Not the right advice Sundarbabu, the killer confessed in his own mouth.
 Sundarbabu was startled and said, ‘Killer!  Who is the killer?
- ‘Dwijen.
- “Dwijen is the killer!
- So he said.
- “And you let him go?
- Yes, I do!
- Did you just say, Yes? Wait, I see him!   Sundarbabu is about to leave.
- “Hey Mister, listen, Slow down, Grandpa!
- “No, no, not slowly, I should be running fast now towards Dwijen.
- "I will not allow anyone to arrest Dwijen.
- “What kind of allow?
- “Look what he gave me.
- ‘Cheque?
- Yes, a cheque for twenty five thousand rupees.
- “Hmm, bribe!
- “That's right.
- “Hmm, hmm, hmm!  Manik, see what has happened to your friend.  Manik's face showed a great sense of accusation.
 Jayant laughed and said, the recession has hit the market, I can't leave the money, brother!
 Manik almost - in a hushed voice said, Jayant, you killed yourself.
 Sundarbabu said in a sobbing voice, ‘Aren’t you ashamed to smile on the face?
- Listen to me first.  Then judge whether I should smile or not!
—What to say.  But knowing that, I will not release Dwijen without arresting him
  Manik said, “I like that too.
 Jayant said, "Friend, are you also in the enemy's camp?"
- “I am not a friend of the bribe taker. 
 Jayant sighed loudly and let out a sigh and said, ‘Well, then I don’t care.  He went on to describe from the beginning to the end of his conversation with Dwijen.  Sometimes in amazement, sometimes in an angry way, sometimes in hatred, Sundarbabu listened to him.
 Jayant said, “This is the case.  What should I do now?
 Manik said, put a rope around your neck and hang yourself.
- “What is Sundarbabu like?
- What should you do, I don't know.  But I am going to do what I should do.
- "Where did you go, Mister?"
- “To arrest Dwijen.
- “Don't go, don't go!
- ‘Of course I will, of course I will!
- “You can't arrest Dwijen, you can't, you can't!
- Why, did you take a bribe?
- “No, for another reason.
- What's the reason.
- “Dwijen is not a killer!
 Sundarbabu stood stunned as he looked at Jayant's face.  Manik also has that feeling.  Jayant stood up and walked inside the house and said in a serious voice, “Yes, Dwijen is innocent.  No one will be able to arrest him.
 Sundarbabu mumbled, but have you been joking for so long?  Dwijen did not confess to the crime?
- “Dwijen has confessed to the crime.
- ‘What are you talking about, Jayant!  Do you have the blood-stained handkerchief found inside the cupboard of miss mansi now?
- ‘Yes.  —‘There is a simple white handkerchief.  Dwijen does not use such handkerchiefs.  I firmly believe that the handkerchief is the property of the murderer.  If Dwijen was a murderer, he would never leave a handkerchief in his closet to endanger Mansi, because he loved Mansi, and in order to marry him, he voluntarily deprived himself of property.  He can't put Mansi in danger.  And even if the handkerchief was his own, he would not have kept it inside the cupboard, because then there was a possibility of his own danger.  Why would he put his handkerchief inside Mansi's cupboard because he was in danger?
 Manik said, ‘Your believes that the handkerchief has fallen into the cupboard without the knowledge of its owner.
- Yes.  But why did the owner of the handkerchief go to run his hand inside Mansir's cupboard after the murder, can you guess Sundarbabu?
- “Oops!  No, no, he went to get something from inside the cupboard, or to put something there.
- What might be useful for the killer in Mansi's cupboard?  Mansi lost a shawl that day, but it was on the shelf outside the cupboard.  I think the killer went to keep something.

Also read - 20 best fiction books of 2020

- What could that be?
- Maybe Chhatrapati's dagger.
- “Hey, the dagger was found from Dwijen!
- It may be.
- “And he even confessed to you in his own words!
- It can.
- But you say he is not a criminal?
- “But I will say that he is not a criminal.  His face - eyes, gestures, type of speech- contain all saying that he is not guilty. Even after so much experience, did I not have the strength to know people?  Dwijen was lying.
- Jayant, ever tells anybody such a dangerous lie?  This is tantamount to suicide.
- “I can guess the reason why Dwijen lied so surprisingly.
- What is the reason not said!
- It's not time to say yet. (The Mystery continues)

Read another Crime storyWhere's Gone The Sapphire Stone(complete)


No comments

Any doubts or anything missing? Please let us know

Powered by Blogger.