Byomkesh Bakshi - The Thorn In the Way(Pather kanta) Episode 3 | Murder Mystery

Mystery-murder



In the previous episode we saw that ashubabu was explained that how the assassin attacked on him and what saved him. After listening all the facts byomkesh said that he will help ashubabu. Will Byomkesh be able to solve his problem and this Mystery? Stay tuned on the Thriller.



The Thorn In The Way (EP3)


Ashubabu got sweaty again as he spoke, wiped the sweat from his forehead, took a watch box out of his pocket with a trembling hand and handed it to Byomkesh and said: “Look at that watch"
Byomkesh opened the box and took out a gun - metal pocket watch. The watch had no glass, had stopped at exactly nine or twenty minutes, and the tip of a gramophone pin pierced its back violently, piercing its core. Byomkesh carefully looked at the watch for a while and put it back in the box. He put the box on the table and said to Ashubabu: “Then?
Ashubabu said: "I know how I came back home and God knows. I could not close my eyes all night in anxiety and panic.  Luckily I had the watch in my pocket, so I survived, otherwise I would have been lying on the death table in the hospital for so long”,Ashubabu woke up in fear: “I lost ten years of my life in one night in fear, man. Where to escape, how to defend myself, all night I just thought.  Last night I remembered your name, I heard your amazing ability, so I ran out to you. I came here in the car and didn't dare to walk - I don't know if— "
Byomkesh got up and put his hand on Ashubabu's shoulder and said:
" You are safe; I assure you, you have no more fears. Yesterday you had a big break, but If you listen to me in the future, there will be no danger to your life."
Ashubabu held Byomkesh's hand in both hands and said:
" Byomkeshbabu, save me from this danger, save my life, I will give you a reward of one thousand rupees. Byomkesh sat back in her chair and said with a smile:
"That's a good thing. All in all, it's three thousand - hasn't the government announced a reward of two thousand rupees? But the next thing, now answer some of my questions. Yesterday was the time when your chest was hit, Did you hear any sound at that time? ”
“ What kind of sound? ”
“ Remember, sound like a tire burst of a car."
Ashubabu said unequivocally: “No.” Byomkesh asked: “Any other sound?”
“I can't remember anything.  No. "
" Think about it. "
After thinking for a while, Ashubabu said, "I heard the sound of cars moving on the road."  And it seems that - at the time of the push, I heard the squeaking sound of the bicycle bell. ”
"Didn't you hear any unusual words?"  After remaining silent for a while, Byomkesh asked another question:
"Do you have any enemies who can kill you?" 
"No. At least I don't know. "
"You're not married, so you don't have children. Is your heir bound by nephew? "  Hesitating a little, Ashubabu said,
"No." 
“Will? "
“Yes."
"In whose name did you make the will?"  Ashubabu's fair face was slowly turning red, he was silent for a while and said in a hesitant voice -
"Ask me everything else, just don't ask me that question."  It's my own thing - private, " he paused.  Byomkesh looked at Ashubabu's face sharply and said at the end, “Okay stay.  But does your future heir - whoever he is - know your will?  "No."  No one knows except me and my lawyer."
“Do you meet your heirs?  Turning his eyes to the other side, Ashubabu said, "Yes." 
"How long has your nephew been in jail?"  Ashubabu calculated in his mind and said- "It will be almost a week.  Byomkesh sat curled up for a while.  Finally he sighed and stood up and said: “Okay. Leave your address and watch; If you need to know anything, I'll let you know.  Ashubabu said nervously:
"If I am attacked again, In the meantime, if " Byomkesh says again:
“The arrangement for you is that you should not leave the house.  Ashubabubu scared and said , "I am alone at home - if-" Byomkesh said:
"No, you have no fear at home, you are safe there. Yes, one can keep gatekeeper." Ashubabu asked:
"Can't I get out of the house at all?"  Byomkesh thought for a while and said, "If you need to get out on the road, go through the sidewalk." But beware, don't take to the streets. I will not have any responsibility for your life if you take to the streets. When Ashubabu left, Byomkesh's forehead remained crooked.  There is no doubt that he has found a lot of new sources of thought. So I didn't interrupt his thoughts. After remaining silent for about half an hour, he raised his face and said, "You are wondering why I forbade Ashubabu to go on the road and he is safe at home. "Yes," I said in shock.  Byomkesh said:
"One thing you must have noticed about the gramophone - PIN - all the killings have taken place on the streets."  Not even on the sidewalk.  In the middle of the street.  What could be the reason, have you thought?  ”
“No, what is the reason?"
"There are two possible reasons for this. First, street killings are less likely to be caught - although seemingly impossible. Second, the weapon with which the murder is committed cannot be used anywhere other than on the street. I was curious and asked: “Can there be such a weapon?  Byomkesh said: "When I found out that the gramophone-pin is a mystery then there will be another mystery. I had an idea in my head. I said:" Well, if someone makes a gun or a pistol with which to throw a gramophone-pin?  Byomkesh looked at him with admiring eyes and said, "You use your intellect, but there are a couple of obstacles." Why would a person who wants to kill with a gun or a pistol choose to kill in the middle of the street? He will look for a secluded place. Forget about guns, the sound of a pistol being fired is not covered by the noise of the streets.  Without it there is the smell of gunpowder. Sound can cover sound, what covers the smell? " I said,
"Think, what if it's an airgun?"  Byomkesh laughed: "There is something new in the plan to kill Air-Gun, but there is no intelligence.  No, no, not so easy. The thing to think about is, when a hack is thrown at a weapon, it must have a sound, what does that sound cover? " I said,
"You're the one who just said it." Byomkesh sat up straight and stared at my face with wide eyes. He said in a muffled voice,
"That's all right." I said in amazement, "What happened?"  Byomkesh shook his body as if to break his mind, saying: "Nothing. The more you think about this gramophone-pin mystery, the more ingrained is the idea that all murders are woven into one thread. There is a strange resemblance between all of them, though not all of a sudden. "
"What kind?" 
"First of all, look, all those who were killed were over the age of puberty," Byomkesh said. "Ashubabu - who survived the clock - is also an adult.  Secondly, they were all rich people - some might be richer, some less rich, but not poor. Thirdly, everyone has been killed in front of a thousand people in the middle of the road and lastly - this is the most important thing - they are all childless."
I said: " Then you guess that? "
" These are the basis of my guess, which is called premise in English. I said,
"But, are you catch the criminals from these premise." Byomkesh did not let me finish.
"Ajit, not the criminals, is the criminal.  There is only one person in it, he is the master and main craftsman of all these activities.
I expressed my doubts and said: “How can you say that? Is there any proof?  Byomkesh said:
"There is a lot of evidence, but one present will suffice. Could the power of five infallible targets ever be equal? Each pin is imperfectly inserted into the heart - not slightly raised or lowered. Think about Ashubabu, if he don't have the watch, where can I see the pin and the ball? What is the tip of the five? It is like piercing the eye of a fish in a chakra-hole, Think of it, Arjuna was the only one who could do that, even in the age of Mahabharata, there was no such thing as one or two targets." He got up laughing. We had another room next to this sitting room - Byomkesh's own.  He would not let me in this room all the time.  In fact, this house was his library, laboratory, museum and green room at the same time. As he picked up Ashubabu's watch and entered the room, Byomkesh said, "After the lunch, you can be sure of its theory. It's time to take a bath." Byomkesh was out at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I don't know what's the reason. When he returned, the evening was over; I was waiting for him, the tea was also ready, as soon as he came the servant went to the table with tea and snacks. We eat the snacks silently. It had become a habit that if that work was not done together, it would not be pleasing.  Holding a cigar, leaning back in her chair, Byomkesh spoke first;  Said:
“How do you feel about Ashubabu?  I said in amazement:
“Why are you asking this? I think he is a very good man - an innocent good man - " "Byomkesh said -
"and moral character?  I said,
"The kind of angry on a drunken nephew seems to have a good moral character. Old man, Not married, if he had some fun in his youth, that's another thing;  But now he is not old enough to do all that." Byomkesh smiled and said:
"There may not be an age, but there is a woman. The house where the so - called concert said by Ashubabu is the house of that woman. It is not correct to say that it is obligatory to say the house of a woman, because the house is rented by Ashubabu and it is wrong to say that it is obligatory to a concert, as the meeting of two persons cannot be called concert in any way. "
"What are you saying!"  I see that there is young soul in the old man."
"Not only that, Ashubabu is being guardian of this citizen for the last thirteen years, so there can be no doubt about his devotion.  On the other hand, there is no lack of devotion, no music - no one have access there, Except Ashubabu;  Strict guard at the door." "Interesting", I said, "Isn't that so? When you visit the citizen? What do you see and hear?" Byomkesh said:
"I was shocked once.  But I do not want to stir the mood of forever bachelor like you by describing the form. In a word, very beautiful. Age twenty-six Twenty-seven, but it seems, that she is about nineteen - twenty. Ashubabu's taste cannot be ignored." I laughed and said- “I can see that. But why did you suddenly become so curious about ashubabu's secret life? Byomkesh said: "Excessive curiosity is one of my weaknesses. Besides, I had a problem with the heir of Ashubabu's will."
"Is this Ashubabu's heir then?" 
"That's the guess. I met a gentleman there; well dressed, aged thirty-five and thirty-six, came quickly and hurried away with a letter in gatekeeper's hand. But let's change the topic. It's interesting, but not profitable." Byomkesh got up and started walking in room. I realized that his mind should be distracted from the path of real inquiry by being attracted to the absurd discussion, the secret history of Ashubabu's life should become bigger than the danger of his present danger and emancipation. In the same way, I was not unaware that the human mind, in its ignorance, makes the secondary object more important than the main object and eventually misses the target.  So I asked: “Did you get anything from the watch?  Byomkesh stood in front of me and said softly: "I have got three theories from the watch..."
 The Mystery continues on The thorn in the way (EP4)

No comments

Any doubts or anything missing? Please let us know

Powered by Blogger.